In 1909 or early 1910, Jesse Jones opened "The Coop,” a members-only dining facility that catered to university students, especially fraternity members. It was located east of (just to the rear of) the present-day Ackland Art Museum building, near several fraternity houses.
The Coop, view west, 1910
The Coop, 1911 Sanborn map excerpt (circled in red)
Jones died August 1, 1912, but his business was continued by Harrison Neville.
The Coop was enlarged and expanded (structure-wise) and its main entrance moved to the south side of the structure in 1916 or 1917. It moved from its original location to a new building next door (to the east) in 1917 or 1918. In 1921, a take-off of the Coop, named "The Cabin," occupied the old Coop building and continued in operation until 1935. The Coop in its new location operated until 1933.
The buildings were likely demolished when the Ackland Art Museum was built in 1958.