In 1909 or early 1910, Jesse Jones opened "The Coop,” a members-only dining facility that catered to university students, especially fraternity members. Jones died August 1, 1912, but his business was continued by Harrison Neville.
The business moved from its original location to an adjacent newly-built building in 1917 or 1918.
This Coop structure became a boarding house circa 1932. The building was likely demolished when the Ackland Art Museum was built in 1958.
View north west, 1918
View west, 1921
View west, 1922
1925 Sanborn map excerpt (structure #7)
1927 plat map; the Coop is on Lot #5
1932 Sanborn map excerpt (structure #7)