Julian Brown operated a store at this location in the early 1900s , on property owned by Charles L. Boggs . It was likely a good business location as it was across from the railway station.
The Boggs family sold the property in 1946 . The store can still be seen on 1955 and 1975 aerial photos but is no longer in existence.
Image via Joe Dunn/The Upper Eno Heritage Group
 Via Joe Dunn/The Upper Eno Heritage Group
 Phil Mace, personal communication
 Orange County deed book 125, page 232. This deed also calls the store "South Side Store."