The Log Cabin Service Station was opened by Berry & King (William Eugene Berry) circa 1928. It carried Texaco products provided via the Eagle Oil Company. John Wilkerson/Wilkinson was proprietor of the filling/service station in 1930. Berry sold the property to John A. Thompson in 1945. In May 1946, Thompson had his license to sell beer at the establishment suspended by the county commissioners.
The business was operated by Charlie R. McAdams, Sr. beginning circa 1947. "Charlie was another one of Warner Stamey’s barbecue protégés. Charlie started working with Stamey in the 1940s. Charlie was supposed to go to Lexington and open a branch restaurant for Stamey. Instead Charlie came to Mebane and opened his own small business called The Log Cabin. In 1947, Charlie was running a service station that had a small kitchen area, a few booths and some bar stools. From his tiny kitchen Charlie began selling his delicious barbecue."
The current house on the property was built in 1953; it was foreclosed on in 1963 and someone tried to burn it down ; there was a frame structure also on the property. In 1965 this log cabin structure was still present .
View south, circa 1940 (image via Mebane Historical Museum, via Images of America: Mebane)
Interior, showing barbeque rack (photo by Grace Lynch, via Mebane Historical Museum, via Images of America: Mebane)
The site today, view south (photo by Steve R. 07.12.2023)
 Orange County Register of Deeds, Deed Book 87, Page 454
 US Federal Census, 1930
 Orange County Register of Deeds, Deed Book 120, Page 475; Deed Book 121, Page 425; also see Deed Book 166, Page 328
 May 9, 1946 News of Orange
 Via ncbbqsociety.net
 According to the OC GIS; March, 1963 News of Orange
 Orange County Register of Deeds, Deed of Trust Book 190, Page 406