In late 1887/January 1888, the livery business of Mebane & Durham was dissolved, with D. Y. Mebane buying out Mr. Durham's half of the business and selling it to Edward A. Rosemond. The business then became Mebane & Rosemond.
In October 1890 Rosemond purchased the property from Mary and Octavius Hooker. It was described in the deed as the "former Hooker Livery Stable lot." In the late 1890s the business expanded, building additional structures.
It was also referred to as "Rosemond Bro's livery stables" in an 1896 edition of the Orange County Observer newspaper, and as E.A. Rosemond & Bro. Livery Stable in the circa 1900 photo below.
Rosemond sold the property in August 1910 to O. J. and B. B. Forrest (brothers). By 1911 the buildings were in use as warehouses. By 1924 most of the former livery structures had been demolished.
View north, circa 1900 (image via Orange County Historical Museum)
1888 Sanborn map excerpt
1894 Sanborn map excerpt
1900 Sanborn map excerpt
1905 Sanborn map excerpt
1911 Sanborn map excerpt
1924 Sanborn map excerpt