(Below from Carrboro Commercial District NR Nomination, 1984)
As the only frame structure standing in the 100 block of East Main Street today, the Miles Andrews House serves as a reminder of the mixed residential and commercial uses that originally characterized this block. The house appears on the 1911 Sanborn Map and was constructed during the first decade of the twentieth century. The one- story, three-bay wide, two-room deep house features a moderately high hipped roof with center dormer lighted by paired two-over-two sash windows; the roof is pierced by two interior brick chimneys. The virtually intact house retains its nearly full- facade hip-roofed porch carried by turned posts, two-over-two sash windows and decorative screen door. On the interior, the center hall plan house retains the original mantelpieces with simple surrounds and sawn curved brackets supporting the shelves. Although the house is a standard type found throughout Carrboro, there is no evidence that this house was ever associated with either of the mills. The earliest known occupant of the house, and its probable builder, was Carrboro business- man and farmer, Miles Andrews, who lived here for many years. Today, the house is used as an antique shop.
The structure, based on aerial photography, was demolished sometime between 1993 and 1998
09.24.19 (G. Kueber)