The Parkvue Drive-In Theatre opened on September 15, 1950. It was located three miles west of Chapel Hill on Highway 54 (a.k.a. the Greensboro Road). It had spaces for 280 cars, with a concessions stand and other facilities such as a children's playground. The business was owned/operated by J. W. Thompson and C. M. Rumley on land leased from J. D. and Lou Etta M. Atwater.
The Parkvue closed in 1953 or 1954. The Elbow Room opened in one of the former theater buildings by October 1954.
1955 aerial photo excerpt
In 1974 the property was redeveloped as the "Atwater Subdivision."
The site today; view north, August 2019 (via Google Streetview)