Built on original Town Lot 11; it was also the site of the earlier "Poor House
," in use from circa 1840 to circa 1880.
The Phi Delta Theta fraternity house was built circa 1915, was later the Sigma Chi house, and was destroyed in a fire on January 12, 1927. The property was (re-)acquired by UNC in 1929.
View north west, circa 1918 (via UNC)
Excerpt of a 1919 aerial photo, view south east (via UNC)
1911 Sanborn map excerpt
1925 Sanborn map excerpt