View west, 1918 (via UNC's Yackety Yack)
Building is at center-right of photo; view south, 1920s (via UNC)
1911 Sanborn map excerpt
1903 Zeta Psi fraternity photo (via UNC's Yackety Yack)
Zeta Psi (Z.P.), Epsilon Chapter was established at the University of North Carolina in 1858. This "frat hall" was built circa 1900.
The building was used by the Chapel Hill chapter of the Red Cross as their headquarters during World War One. After a January 1919 fire on Fraternity Row, UNC wanted all the fraternity housing moved off campus asap; the Zeta Psi's moved to a new building on Fraternity Court in 1926.