EAGLE OIL COMPANY

EAGLE OIL COMPANY

Date founded: 
1921
Date dissolved: 
11.06.1987
Type: 
Petroleum products

The Eagle Oil Company, of Mebane, was started in May 1921. It began with $50,000 in capital and $6,000 subscribed by Wesley O. Warren, J. W. James, and Louis A. Corbett.

Its chief officer was Corbett. It supplied Texaco products to several Orange County service stations and auto dealerships.

In 1980, Huffman Oil Company (of Burlington) obtained the company. Eagle Oil ceased business in 1987, but was reinstated in 1991.

Texaco logo, used 1913 to 1936

1924

1955 yearbook ad

 

SOURCES:
 
Orange County Register of Deeds
   Certificate of Assumed Name, Book 3, Page 570
   Deed Book 87, Page 454
   Deed Book 90, Page 356
   Deed Book 107, Page 44
   Deed Book 107, Page 202
   Deed Book 108, Page 412
   Deed Book 211, Page 373
   Deed Book 211, Page 375
   Deed Book 957, Page 485
 

Comments

No comments yet.

Add new comment