This commercial structure was built circa 1952. Its first tenant was Cole-Dawson Real Estate.
By 1957 it was the Carolina Fabric Shop.
May 25, 1963 (photo by Roland Giduz, via UNC)
Then it was Triangle Finance, then Investor's Loan and Weaver's (a clothing repair shop) by 1968. In 1973 it was vacant.
By 1979, it became the locally infamous University Massage, after the property was sold to Shiu Lan Huang (for many decades he was one of the slumlords of the Chapel Hill area; he resold the property in 2013). There were rumors of it being operated (or at least "protected") by the Hell's Angels.
After some "legal issues" in the 2000s, it changed its name to All Girl Staff and then to Tom Cats II.
2008 (by William J. via Yelp)
At night, 2010 (by Ruby Sinreich via Instagram)
In 2019 it was remodeled and modernized, with its original windows and a few other architectural features removed/replaced. It is now a coffee shop. One might call this a true "Happy Ending" for this building.