1955 (via The News of Orange)
Indicated by the red arrow, 1960 (via CHHS Hill Life)
Installed in July 1955 in front of Chapel Hill High School. It honored the 26 men of the Chapel Hill community killed during WWII. It was paid for and installed by the Chapel Hill Memorial Fund.
The school was demolished and the property sold and redeveloped in the 1960s. The plaque was held in storage for many years, until the local American Legion and Veterans of Foreign Wars had it refurbished and placed it at the former Chapel Hill Library building that at the time housed the Chapel Hill Historical Society.