McPherson Park, named after the McPherson family who owned the property (specifically Ed McPherson), was located just north west from Central High School, and was the home field of the Hillsboro All-Stars. The Hillsboro All-Stars was an African-American semi-pro team made up of local ballplayers. It was also home field for the pony league Hillsboro Junior All-Stars, aged 13 to 15, with Roosevelt Warner as their coach.
"Buddy" Payne was the announcer.
John Whitted, with stands in background, circa 1950 (photo from Margaret Whitted via Chris Holaday)
Unknown player (left), John Whitted (right), circa 1950 (photo from Margaret Whitted, via the Orange County Museum)
The Hillsboro All-Stars, circa 1950
[Humorous] game write-up and team roster, July 1947 (via The News of Orange)
1955 aerial photo excerpt, showing McPherson Field circled in red
The Hillsboro Junior All-Stars, 1957
The property was subdivided by the McPherson family in 1993, and a house was built on one of the subdivided lots in 1996.