"One Mile Bridge" was a historically well-known landmark in Chapel Hill. It was the crossing of the then Durham Road (now East Franklin Street) over Bolin Creek and was approximately one mile's distance from the UNC campus and downtown Chapel Hill. It was also sometimes referred to as "Strowd's Bridge."
Believed to be "One Mile Bridge," 1920
1926 restaurant ad
Many contemporary ads refer to the bridge as a landmark for finding the advertised business.
The last printed reference (Chapel Hill Weekly) that can been found for the bridge being called so is from 1955.