Built circa 1913, with construction costs being divided between the Southern Railway company and the Good Roads Commission. It has been "improved" several times, mostly within the last 10 years. The concrete walls or abutments are original, but the bridging section has been replaced several times.
NC Highway 14 is now Old NC 86, and this (bypassed) section is now Exchange Park Lane.
View south (12-28-16; photo by S. Rankin)
View north west (12-28-16; photo by S. Rankin)
View north east (12-28-16; photo by S. Rankin)
For more information on NC Highway 14, see http://freepages.history.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~orangecountync/places/ro...