Fraternity Row, located on the then-western edge of the UNC campus, was comprised mainly of fraternity houses and a few buildings that catered to the fraternities.
View north, 1916 (via UNC)
View north, circa 1918 (via UNC)
View north west, circa 1920 (via UNC)
View south, 1920s (via UNC)
The 1911, 1915, and 1925 Sanborn maps show the evolution of the row, but by the mid-1920s fraternities were beginning to move off campus, apparently something that was desired by UNC due to several fires in the houses that had occured over time, especially with a large one in 1919.
By the 1930s, only four houses remained; today (2021), only one house remains, the original Zeta Psi Hall.
1911 Sanborn map excerpt
1915 Sanborn map excerpt
1925 Sanborn map excerpt
KAPPA SIGMA FRAT HALL / THE EVERGREENS / SMITH-EVERGREEN COTTAGE / EVERGREEN HOUSE
The sole survivor of UNC's original Fraternity Row.